Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gym or not to gym?

I have thinking about joining a gym for a while now. In order to lose at least ten pounds I figure it may faster to increase my activity level in addition to taking PGX Daily.

I went by GoodLife Fitness to see what it was like. The facility was very nice with pretty much more than I could ever use. They had free weights, bikes, trainers and big screen tv's everywhere. Unfortunately all this luxury comes with a price. At about $54 + taxes a month for 2 years it would be an over $1400 commitment.

I also went to a Steve Nash Fitness world. The location I went to was small and old but the monthly fee was only $29 + taxes a month. Reasonably priced but I felt that the manager was too pushy with trying to get me a trainer etc.

I also went by a local community centre. The have annual or monthly passes available. The annual pass is $360 but would also give me access to their other facilities such as swimming pools and skating rinks. Pretty much leaning towards the community centre route. It may not be as glamorous as a fitness club but the goal is the same. Get started on getting fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment