Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Finding the Time vs. Making the Time

Do you find it hard to have time to exercise?  I am constantly trying to find time to exercise rather than making time to exercise.  Of course it would be better if I could make time to exercise but with three kids under 7 years old and a full time job it is not going to come easy.

I am not saying this is enough but these are some of the ways I have been finding time for exercise.
  • While waiting for my oil change I walked over to the community center for a swim.
  • Playing follow the leader with my kids.  Trying to do everything those kids do for 15 minutes has me sweating.  I make sure I do everything they do even if it means crawling on the floor!
  • Riding a spin bike while watching TV.
  • My sons have the same piano teacher so when one is having their lesson I walk with the other to a play ground or around the block.  When the first lesson is done I walk again with my other child.  I get 1 hour of exercise instead of sitting in the car.
  • Taking the stairs.
  • Doing yard work or house work.
Please feel free to comment with your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment